Saturday 21 September 2013

Goodbye, summer.


This summer has been one of the best I can ever remember. And it literally was, the best in 11 years I believe, in terms of weather. We've had so much sun and warmth and I feel like I've really made the most of it. I also spend two weeks of it in Menorca (which was around 40 degrees and too much for me) so I've certainly had my fair share of glorious sunshine.
But now, my tan is fading, the leaves are on the ground and the evenings are drawing in. Yes, autumn is most certainly on the way and I for one love it. I like all seasons really but I get particularly excited when autumn draws closer, although I'm not sure why. Maybe because my birthday is fast approaching, or the cold snuggly nights on the sofa. Perhaps it's the thought of Christmas only round the corner, or the cosy winter fashion. Either way, I'm looking forward to some cooler weather, wrapping up and certainly looking forward to not sweating my tits off for a few months. 
When I think of autumn in my head, colours appear. Rich colours like burgundy, plum, deep green and natural browns. It's time to crack out those darker, warmer colours of nail polish and don the beanie hats. The central heating is already on and I've started my Christmas present list. Wow, time really does fly huh? 
This time of year says to me 'make the change before the year is out', 'a fresh start, if the first part of the year went tits up'. For me it's a real positive time of year, on which anything can happen. There is nothing I like to do more than walk outside on a frosty morning and breathe in deeply the sharp, cold, fresh air and blow away those cob-webs. 

Let's make a difference before the year is finished. Lets enjoy this last part of 2013 and make something of it. Even if its been a shitty year so far, use the next 3 months to make plans for next year, to make it better and have things to look forward to. Enjoy these last, chilly three months and have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment