Monday 23 September 2013

wedding bells

I'm getting married!!!
 The evening when we got engaged, just before the family get-together.
My engagement ring. A white gold and rhodium plated original cluster of diamonds from 1933. This ring was his grandmothers (who kindly let him have it) who got it from her step-mother. It was originally gold with thick claws, Chris designed this for me.


On 15th November 2010, Christopher Ian Robert Tofts proposed to me.  On my birthday, in bed, just after I woke up. Bloody hell he must love me. I looked a state; my hair was ginger (hair-dye disaster the week before), I had smudged mascara all over my face, my hair was a mess and I was bleary eyed. ( a funny memory I have is that just after he proposed, I looked down at my nails and was shocked! I jumped out of bed and gave myself a little manicure before I could see people and show off my ring!)But it was perfect. I said 'yes' of course and we've now been engaged for nearly three years! 

We've been close to organising and booking our wedding before but lack of money, different ideas and the thought of organising it stopped us. But now, we're serious. It's been a crazy tough year and we've ben through a lot, and still going through but we are stronger than ever and more in love than ever. When you go through bad things it makes you realise how much you love someone and the thought of being without them scares you to death. I love Chris and always want to be with him, it's a simple as that. 


Us.

So now, I can announce that on Saturday 24th May we shall be getting married. A low key family orientated relaxed ceremony followed by a bloody big party! I cannot wait to be Mrs Tofts and share the rest of my life with the person I love the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment