Thursday 22 November 2012

24 years.

Last week I turned the grand ol' age of twenty four. I love the sound of this age!

That's right, on Thursday 15th November 2012 I celebrated this fact surrounded by family and love. It was actually a really busy day! Starting off waking up next to my beautiful fiancé Chris, presents in bed and a lovely breakfast of egg & bacon on toast a la Chris. I wasn't expecting anything from him as he had been more than generous by taking me up to Kingston a couple of weekends ago for a shopping/Sarah Millican trip, but to my surprise there was a little package on the bed with a bottle of my favourite perfume inside; Ellie Saab Le Parfum. What a beaut! I was thrilled to bits with that! After a shower, some baking and some eating my family started to arrive! First up was Chris' mum Carole (AKA the best mother-in-law out there!) with Granny Gladys. A beautiful bunch of flowers from nan and a chat and I was presented with a jewelry gift box from Carole and inside the most beautiful 'peace' sign diamanté as silver necklace from the states! Chris' brother Ben and our gorgeous little niece, Lilia popped over which was lovely.

Shortly after, my mum (who i haven't spent a birthday with in six years as she moved abroad) stepdad, sister, brother-in-law and Harry arrived! And what a wonderful afternoon we had! Giggles, laughter, stories, scones, presents and more. All in the venue of my snuggly lounge in my cottage. My house was quite literally full of love that day and I loved chasing Harry round the house and he is crawling like crazy!

In the evening, Chris treated me to a lovely meal and a posh restaurant near us. It was Delish! Very romantic and posh and we were treated like royalty! I had an amazing steak and the rose slipped down a treat throughout the night! What was even nicer was the fact that we were home by 8.30pm-a lovely early snuggly night in front of the TV to finish my birthday off!
....except, we both became incredibly ill when we got home! It was ever so strange. Food poisoning? Tummy bug? We're not sure but whatever it was, it was not pleasant! Pretty grim actually.

However, all in all it was a fantastic birthday, even more so as so many people made an effort to see me and be with me which is something I've not been used to in recent years.

This day was truly about the experience and love, I was, however spoilt and very lucky to receive some lovely gifts:
Ellie Saab perfume
Chanel Coco Rouge lipstick
Peace necklace
House decorations
Flowers
Smellies
And vouchers or an evening at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Watergate Bay.

Most of all, thank you to my incredible fiancé for making my day so special, love you x

Cornish Beauty.















No comments:

Post a Comment