Wednesday 28 November 2012

november floods.

If you've seen the national news over the past few days, you might have caught sight of the horrendous weather we've been having in the South-West. Many towns have been flooded and thousands of people have had to leave their homes as their houses and possessions get ruined by the rain. It's just so heart breaking and my heart goes out to all those affected. Thankfully, myself and my family have been lucky and have missed the floods but I've experienced the torrential rain and it is not funny. I've never been scared driving in the rain. And I'm usually a confident driver but the past few days have petrified me.

I'm glad to say that we're now in the other side of this freak weather and Cornwall is starting to dry up. Today, actually (Wednesday 27th November 2012) is beautiful. My favourite kind of weather; crispy cold but blue skies-perfect! Makes me love autumn & winter even more!

I'm currently sat in one of my favourite pubs, relaxing by the fire. It's a very relaxed atmosphere and I'm making the most of the quiet after a hectic and stressful week, not just because of the weather.

Mmmmmm all warm and cosy trying my hardest to get in the festive mood!

Cornish Beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment