Saturday 8 December 2012

cornwall | lunch in Charlestown.

This Saturday saw me working a delightful shift of 26 hours (lovely) but luckily it was a pleasurable 26 hours and apart from the fact I was at work, it wasn't all that bad!

I was lucky enough to go to a near-by seaside town for lunch in one of my favourite restaurants. Wreckers is an understated independent restaurant in the village of Charlestown set back from the sea by about 50 yards with the most beautiful view. Charlestown is famous for the Tall Ships, real life 'pirate ships' I call them!!

Wreckers menu is simple but delicious and I was spoilt with the dough balls & balsamic vinegar dipping oil/mozzarella, pinenuts, sun ripened tomatoes & guacamole salad/home-made bakewell slice. Seriously good! I was pretty stuffed but completely satisfied after this feast and along with a drink this meal was a bargain at under £16!!!

Finished off with a Costa hot chocolate and a walk along a beach, today was a good (work) day.

Cornish Beauty.

PS sorry about the side-ways photos. I've got a new phone & have not figured this out yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment