Wednesday 13 February 2013

cornwall | Fifteen.

For my birthday last year, my lovely dad (who thinks of the most thoughtful gifts) presented me with a voucher for Jamie Oliver's FIFTEEN restaurant here in Cornwall. I've never been before so was really excited! Chris and I decided to save the vouchers for a little while for when were on holiday together at the beginning of this year. So, on 3rd January we dragged ourselves out of bed super early and headed down to Newquay. Fifteen is located ON the beach at Watergate Bag. And I mean ON the beach! You can't beat the location.

We booked in for breakfast there after hearing rave reviews about their breakfast. The day we went was grey and windy and rainy, but it didn't matter, this was out special treat!

The restaurant itself is very special-modern, cosy and cool. We had the best seat-window seats looking out onto the beach and beating waves below us. It was literally perfection. I chose the porridge which was quite incredible, you can't beat porridge right?! Chris went for the famous Fifteen Fry-up which looked amazing. We shared juices of fresh orange & pink grapefruit (it was worth going just for those-amazing!) and enjoyed a coffee after. All in all it was £30 altogether which is bloody good considering the food and the fact that something like that is a treat and not something you do everyday.

We can't wait to go back again & I have a feeling it's going to become 'our place' to go there for breakfast when we fancy a treat :).

Cornish Beauty.



















No comments:

Post a Comment