Wednesday 9 May 2012

HAUL: MAC Cosmetics

So, I used to have i think 3 MAC products; 2 lip products and a eye shadow palette (which I hardly ever use) So I have saved up my pennies and bought a few new bits and pieces to try out, most of which I have read loadsss of reviews on and lusted after for quite some while.
'Myth' Lipstick
'Myth' is a satin formula and (i think) very pigmented. It's quite often likened to 'Hue'. However, I feel that hue is a much easier colour to work with as it has a very soft pink undertone. Myth is a more beige tone and quite hard to wear;
'Myth' Lipstick
I still really like this shade and will definitely wear it, maybe when I'm a bit more tanned though!
'Vegas Volt' Lipstick
I am IN LOVE! This is a gorgeous coral, orangey (yet reasonably subtle) red shade. I really like wearing coral shades-and this is perfect. I will get a lot of use from this baby! My favourite MAC lipstick shade so far. It's an amplified formula, so pretty pigmented.
In general, very happy with the lipstick purchases!
MAC Zoomlash in 'Zoomblack'
I've never tried a MAC mascara yet. So can't really comment on this yet but look out for a review soon.


Cremeblend Blush in 'Something Special'
Again, I've never tried a MAC blush before either so looking forward to trying this out. Above is the swatch and I think it looks really pretty, and very subtle. It's a dusty pink shade and I think that most skin toned could get away with wearing this. Will post a pic once I've used it properly.

Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft & Gentle'
VERY EXCITED about this! I've heard so much about this wonderful product, the famous mineralize skinfinish. A finely-milled highlighter with a peachy undertone. I love dewy highlighted make-up looks and thats generally how I like to wear make-up so can't wait to try this, mainly on my cheekbones I think. I know Louise (sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.co.uk) swears by this product and it always looks beautiful on her.
Finally, I picked up a couple of MAC sprays. Those being 'Fix+' and 'Charged Water' hydrating mist. Haven't had chance to try these out properly yet but the charged water smells divine and I'll definitely be carrying this around in my bag to freshen up my make-up and just give me a happy boost!

Whooo! lots of goodies to be trying out. very excited! Keep you're eyes peeled for review & looks with these products.

All these products were purchased with my own funds from the MAC website (because Cornwall is rubbish and doesn't have a MAC counter at all!)

Cornish Beauty

      

2 comments:

  1. i love vagas volt think i will have to get that one x

    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete