Monday 14 May 2012

NOTD: Nails Inc 'Chelsea Square'

I'm not one for glittery nail polishes usually, it looks too 'messy'. But when doing a bit of online window shopping I could not stop looking at the Nails Inc 'Vintage Rose Collection'. A trio of pinky polishes, a collection beautiful enough to make any beauty-junkie go 'ooooooooh!'.
Vintage Rose Collection £19.14 from QVC
Bruton Street is a dusky pink shade, subtle but very beautiful. No shimmer or glitter in this shade.
Chelsea Square is one of Nails Inc 3D Glitter shades. The most dense glitter polish I've ever seen and in a gorgeous mid-pink shade.
Brompton X is a shimmery baby pink colour; my least favourite in the collection, but my opinion could change once its on my nails!

First up to try was, of course, Chelsea Square. I couldn't wait to try this baby out! But unfortunately my excitement was short lived. Firstly, the formulation was very gloopy, I understand that its glitter polish so it's never gonna be a smooth consistency but I just found it really hard to apply. And secondly, the time it takes to dry is about 4 times as long as any other nail polish! I got so bored waiting for it to dry.
Overal, I'm not really impressed with this polish. Although I'm not too bothered as I'm not a glittery nail polish person. 

Here's what it looks like on my nails...

I used OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat and treatment, Then 2 coats of the Chealsea Square. Followed by a coat of my all-time favourite top coat; Seche Vite.

3D Glitter polishes-worth all the hype? I don't think so! But looking forward to testing out Bruton Street. Review to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment