Friday 12 April 2013

my skin #2

So, a quick little update on the new 'my skin' series I've started.

I went along to my GP Surgery yesterday and saw a doctor (who I'm usually not too keen on as he's previously hurried me on my way when actually I had a condition!) about my skin. I just explained that my skin had changed a lot in the past year and I now have acne,something I've never had before. He suspects it is connected to another health issue I have and that it will, one day hopefully sort it self out but for now he offered me antibiotics. I was not expecting this, as I said previously I was expecting Once Daily Duac Gel. Instead he offered me oral antibiotics or topical. I opted for topical, for a few reasons but mainly because I actually feel like I am doing something, applying to the problem area rather than swallowing a tablet.

The new treatment I have is Zineryt Solution. A liquid antibiotic containing eurythromycin and zinc. It comes in a large box (see pic) and you mix the powder and solution together and apply a 'dabber' to the bottle. This is to be applied twice a day on clean skin. This will be easy for me as it means ill wash my face am & pm then apply it. Make up can still be worn, just once the solution has dried on the face. This treatment takes weeks to months to see visible improvement and can be used long term. 10-12 months in most cases so I have it on a repeat prescription which is good (although not impressed with the recent prescription price rise-£7.85 per item WHAT?!?!)

So generally, I'm really happy that I have been taken seriously and something has been done. Ill keep updating on here although it won't be too often as I'm no expecting miraculous results anytime soon ;)

Cornish Beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment