Sunday 7 April 2013

stop smoking | update #9

This is my 9th update on my smoking cessation journey, and I can't believe it but it's been 6 months!

6 MONTHS
26 WEEKS
183 DAYS

That, my friends is definately something to be proud of. I can still remember the day I gave up, I was about 6 weeks into my Champix treatment and I woke up one morning and there was no cigarettes in the house and i thought "Oh well, I'll not have one and see how I go." Turns out, I could go over six months without so much of a puff. That's right, not even one little tiny drag of a fag.

I DO feel better for it...nicer breath, no tight chest, exercise is easier and I just feel rather free and liberated at the fact that I do not plan my life around having a cigarette. Tis may sound dramatic, but if you're a smoker, you will understand this. You literally plan your day around when you can have a fag and what places you can smoke etc. Crazy, but true.

The biggest achievement is that (according to me NHS Smokefree app) I have saved £1127.00. That alone, is enough to stop me from going back. People have been very supportive and the frequently ask if it was hard to give up. The absolute truth is, NO. I was totally ready to give up, i was in the right frame of mind and more than anything, i wanted to give up. So I did (and this is coming from someone with zero willpower) The only downside to this journey is that I have put on weight. I'm not sure how much but at a guess I'd say 10-14 lbs. I am obviously very upset and cross at myself at this but the truth is, it's so difficult not to out on weight whilst giving up smoking. This is my next challenge.

Cornish Beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Just had a little explore of your blog Dans! Well done on the quitting smoking!! : D
    Siobhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks mush! Feel loads better, deffo over smoking now. It was tough but worth it :-)

    Hope you like the blog! Miss you xxxx

    ReplyDelete