Wednesday 10 April 2013

my skin.

Now, I'm not being big headed but when I was younger I had beautiful skin. Porcelain, pale and clear as the sky. I very rarely got any spots or blemishes and it was very smooth looking. No red patches and no discoloration. Even throughout puberty, my skin stayed lovely, allowing me to only require minimal makeup but also feel completely at ease wearing none.


As I got older, I got more into make up and therefore started wearing more. I never had much of a skin care routine but never failed to take my make up off by night-that was my one golden rule.

As far as I can remember I used to use concealer/blush/mascara and eyeliner. That was IT! I occasionally used foundation (but didn't like the feeling) and i member always using Rimmels Recover foundation in 'Ivory'. I repurchased this so many times; it was cheap, perfect shade match for my skin, felt nice & dewy finish. What more could you ask for?!

I must also add that up until the age of 22 I was on contraception that typically helps with skin and acne. Ie Microgynon pill, implant etc once I stopped these, things changed.

I came off the pill as I wanted my body to be completely natural for a while as I'd been on it since the age of 12 (10 years) and it is recommended that women give their body a rest from these fake hormones after 10 years or so. As soon as I stopped the pill I noticed a huge change in my skin. It was getting greasier and more blemishes appearing.

It's not bothered my too much until recently. I've suddenly had enough and it's making me really down. I've always had nice skin and for someone who loves looking nice and make up and beauty eye, it's quite devastating. Right now I have Los of blemishes, spots and red patches all over my chin, lips and forehead. My skin feels 'bumpy' and uneven, make up does not stay on or feel nice at all and it's just sliding off instantly cause my fave is so greasy. I'm really not a happy bunny.

Right now I'm at work and in public with no makeup on. This NEVER happens. Die to anxiety and general preference, I hardly ever go out without makeup on. It's making me feel so ugly and discussing. Chris has even noticed how bad my skin is and has mentioned it to me a few times. Come on, it must be bad if a bloke notices! I'm gonna try a few days make up free just to give my skin a break, anyway as soon as I put make up on its sliding and coming off and looks awful anyway. I just feel so self conscious! Ha below are some photos of my make up free (bar a tiny bit of eyeliner). I'm going to the doctors in the next week to beg them for something (Duac gel?) as I've tried everything in the beauty line to help my skin. I know it's hormonal but I can't go on like this-it's making me miserable!!!

This will be my skin journal and ill keep you updated with what happens.

Cornish Beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment