Friday 19 April 2013

thinking of you, Boston.

Unless you've been loving under a rock over the last few days, you would have heard about the Boston bombings. Lat Monday, it was the infamous Boston marathon and two bombs went off near the finish line. This killed three people and left over 170 people injured. I was watching the breaking news as this happened and literally couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. Like something our of a horror movie. The images that have since come out of Boston are heart-wrenching; people crying, blood everywhere, people with limbs that have been blown off. Seriously, what is the world coming to?!

It's now Friday, and it emerged early this morning that Boston police have two suspects and as it stands now, one suspect has been killed (along with an innocent policeman) and the second is 'at large'. This scared me to death and I can't imagine how the people in Watertown are feeling. They've all been told not to answer the door or leave their house. How petrifying. I just can't get me head around it.

I'm so hooked on this story that I'm at work, but we've gone to the pub and I've plonked myself in front of the TV just to see any updates as to whether they've found the guy or not.

Although, the good thing I come out of all this is the fact that there are so many decent, amazing people out here, heroes helping the injured at the marathon. There is hope, after all.

Cornish Beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment