Monday 22 October 2012

domestic goddess?

In my aim to give up smoking I've been thinking of things I can take up to keep my mind of those horrible cigarettes, a new hobby if you like!

I've always wanted to bake, and after going to our local village market on Saturday I was quite inspired when I saw all the yummy baked goodies.

So, it was my weekend of and I dragged Chris to Sainsburys in a bid to buy loads of baking stuff. Their household section wasn't great so just stuck to ingredients then went in a mission to Wilkinsons which wasn't great either but managed to get the stuff I needed!

First up, was carrot cake. A BBC Food recipe I found online. Nothing fancy, just a basic carrot cake and it came out pretty good, apart from one thing. I put too much cream cheese in the frosting so it ended up tasting a bit cheesy but other than that it was good. A lovely moist sponge rich in a citrusy carrot flavour, and has been a popular cake with the family!

But, the crem de la crem was my first attempt making scones. And might I just add, I am quite embarrassed at how easy it was! Why haven't I made them before?!?! I love scones, a bit if butter and Cornish clotted cream-Delish! They came out lovely and within a day the 11 that I made had been eaten by me & family so I think ill make some more later :-)

Finally, out weekend finished with a snuggly Sunday evening watching X-Factor and eating home-made sweet potato and chilli soup. I love making our own soup:easy, satisfying & healthy. Ill out our recipe up on here soon.

Now I'm saving up for a KitchenAid (I wish-I want one) and on the hunt for other things I can try baking. My Nigella 'Kitchen' book is getting better use than any!

Cornish Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment