Thursday 11 October 2012

take the time to relax.

Life is tough. We all know this, and the older I get the more I realise it! It's really tough and I think it's so important, that as an adult I do everything in my power to relax and take time out for myself. This then gives me the emotional & physical strength to cope with whatever life is throwing in my direction.

There are a few things I do to relax at home but at work, I'm lucky enough to spend time in sensory rooms with people I support. Sensory rooms are especially designed for people who need more sensory input ie people with Autism. Sensory rooms are meant to relax and stimulate. However for me, it's like the best chill out sesh ever!

Colored lights everywhere, padded areas to sit or lie down, chill out music, bubbles. The list is endless! For me, it's stimulation deprived! Which is what I want, no distractions; no TV, no computer, no chatter: nothing.

I think everyone should enjoy the experience of being in a sensory room. And I think this could be especially beneficial to children too. When I win the lottery I will deffo be building a monster sensory room in my house!

Cornish Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment