Tuesday 8 May 2012

Interior Hysteria! #1

I adore everything interior design & even more so now I live in a cottage-everything goes! You can have mix-match stuff and you don't have to have particular colour schemes to make your home look good! Here are some of my favourite items from around my home...

This is the newest edition of 'lovely homely things' in our house! It's a Tiffany style lamp shade on a vintage stand. It was a gift from my mother-in-law so I can't tell you how much it was, but I think it was around £80 (the stand is sold separately) I absolutely love this piece! It's so pretty and has dragonflies with glass eyes :) It is from BHS.
This was also a gift, form my lovely Dad a couple of Christmases ago. Its a mounted & framed chalk drawing by a Cornish artist (I'm so rubbish and completely forgotten the name) of a red VW Camper-van with a beach background, aptly named; 'Red Camper'. It's got a real surfy feel to it and I just adore it. It proudly sits on our mantle piece where I can see it all the time :)

My bedroom is probably my favourite room in the house, it's very girly and big and airy and more importanty-houses all my make-up and pretty things! This is a new bed set I recently purchases from Next online. I love Next bed clothes, they are fab quality and have a lot of selection, however they are quite pricey! This bed set is called 'Blue Flowers'. One one side it has vintage blue flowers and on the other side its light blue and white checked. The duvet cover was £35 for a double set and you can buy it here.
The beautiful rose lights that are on the head-board are also from Next, £25 for a string of 20 lights, it is quite long. Buy it here
I've always loved Buddhas and been interested in Buddhism. There are several different Buddhas in different forms dotted around my house! I find them very relaxing. This canvas was from Homebase (I think) last year, Chris got it for my for my birthday.

And finally i have to share my love of cute little signs with you! I have several around the house but have been banned from buying any more for the time being as they drive Chris crazy! This one says 'Home Sweet Home' and I really do love that saying as I'm a bit of a home-bird and feel all cosy and lovely at home!

Cornish Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment