Monday 14 May 2012

My Perfume Collection.

I don't have a huge perfume collection, but the majority of scents I do have, I've repurchased over and over. There is no better thing than getting perfume as a gift-it's just brilliant! Especially as most perfume is ridiculously expensive. Here is most of my current collection...

L-R: Gucci 'Guilty Intense', Cacherel 'Amor Amor', Hugo Boss 'Deep Red', Jo Malone 'Wild Bluebell, Lacoste 'Touch of Pink', J-Lo 'Miami Glow', Kylie Minogue ' Sweet Darling', Elie Saab 'Le Parfum'.

Gucci 'Guilty Intense'-Not overly impressed with this, was lusting after it for a while and finally got round to purchasing it a few months ago after smelling a sample in a magazine. It's pretty expensive; around £57 for 50mls. It's a very sophisticated scent but definitely suited for evening wear but the staying power is not great. The sample I smelt before hand seemed much more intense than the actual perfume in the bottle. Still a lovely smell but probably won't be buying this again.

Cacherel 'Amor Amor'-I've worn this fragrance for years! It used to be my going out scent and all my friends knew me by this smell. It's very deep and 'romantic'?! and extremely girlie. I've gone through loads of bottled of this and will always wear it, I never get fed up of it. Not a mega expensive perfume, usually around £17 for 30mls. 

Hugo Boss 'Deep Red'-This is quite a popular scent and I really like it. Deep Red is a floral/fruity/woody fragrance and again, more suited for going out in the evening. Retails at around £30 for 30mls. Well worth a purchase though.

Jo Malone 'Wild Bluebell'-My new current fave perfume. Jo Malone is famous for luxurious (and unique) scents and candles. A very expensive brand but well worth all the money I'd say. I also love the fact that when you buy something form the official website you get 2 free samples of other perfumes. This smells like walking through a wood full of bluebells on a summers day. Very fresh and floral and the staying power is pretty impressive. Jo Malone is not particularly well known (definitely not in Cornwall anyway) so I feel quite special when I wear this! This is retailed at £36 for 30mls, but comes beautifully gift-wrapped.

Lacoste 'Touch of Pink'-I think everyone has owned this perfume at one time or another! I wore it non-stop when I was about 18 and have recently started buying it again. It's delicately floral and will carry you throughout summer months, perfect for any occasion. I keep it in my handbag as it's great as a scent top-up at anytime of the day. Very reasonably priced at £49 for 90mls in Boots.

J-Lo 'Miami Glow'-This was my teenage scent! And I still use it. It's (for me) the ultimate summer smell. Think sun-tan cream, sea, sand, cocktails, sunset s and you have the scent. It's very sweet and doesn't last long but I don't care. It's cheap and cheerful! Retails at £27.95 for 100mls at cheapsmells.co.uk.

Kylie Minogue 'Sweet Darling'-I actually photographed the wrong bottle here! The one pictured is 'Darling' But the one I'm going to talk about is 'Sweet Darling'. I find this a really hard scent to describe, but first off, it's sweet, really sweet. Luckily I love sweet smells. Blended with freesia, passion fruit, sandalwood, pachouli and vanilla. I usually wear this in winter as it's a very warming smells. But I can't tell you enough about it, it's just fab and my all-time favouite perfume. And a bonus is it's probably one of the cheapest in my collection; £13.50 for 30mls from cheapsmells.co.uk. Can't fault that price!.

Elie Saab 'Le Parfum'-My newest addiction; this scent is very sophisticated and I feel all grown up and feminine when I wear it. The bottle is just so sweet and delicate; unlike the smell. It's very floral and quite strong-i find it's the longest lasting scent in my collection. I really love this perfume for everyday use (even though I tend to save it for special occasions) & can see myself wearing it for years. Quite pricey though at £38 for 30mls from Boots.




No comments:

Post a Comment