Friday 18 May 2012

My Favourite Lip Products.

I'm not a huge day-to-day lipstick wearer, but always love to have something on my lips. I have searched the world over (exaggeration!) for a light healthy looking 'gloss', without being a gloss, and I believe I have found it....have a look at my top 4 products plus my new cant-live-without lip treat.
l-r clarins instant light natural lip perfecter in 02
mac lipstick in hue
philosophy flavoured lip shine in melon daiquiri
mac lipstick in vegas volt

l-r mac hue
melon daiquiri
vegas volt
lip perfecter

This clarins product is my new must-have lip treat! I really really love it. I have his is the shade 'apricot shimmer 02' and it's really a strange thing to describe. It's not a balm, but has lip balm soothing and nourishing effects, but it's not a gloss. It gives the lips a healthy sheen but not shiny or sticky like a gloss (i hate wearing gloss on my lips) It's really flattering and just feels lovely. Comes in 3 shades and is available from boots for £16.
I don't feel like philosophy lip products are really anything special in terms of what they do to your lips, I don't find them particularly nourishing on my lips and because it's more of a gloss it doesn't last very long. However, all those rules go out the window with this product purely because of the taste! When you smell or taste this you literally want to eat it, very water-meloney and just delishious. The shimmer in this lip shine is quite impressive and does look gorgeous on as it's my favourite kind of lip colour-coral. Highly recommended or a summery fresh lip.

I won't go on too much about the lipsticks as ive written about them a lot, there is a review and photo of vegas volt on my lips here. I will just say...i love them both!


No comments:

Post a Comment