Monday 7 May 2012

Real Techniques Brushes [REVIEW]

Being a huge fan & follower of the Pixiwoo sisters Sam & Nic (Pixiwoo) I was very excited to watch their video last year about Sam bringing out a new range of make-up brushes. I've always struggled using brushes and was intrigued as to how these brushes would be different. At first they were quite hard to get hold of (only on the Real Technique website) but now they are everywhere-even on the shelves at Boots! I bought my first kit, the 'starter kit' (£21.99 @ Boots) just before Christmas last year and have loved them ever since.


TOP-BOTTOM: (Accent brush, pixel-point eyeliner brush, base eyeshadow brush, deluxe crease brush & brow brush)

My instant favourite was the deluxe crease brush, having watched several beauty guru's use this as a concealer brush and WOW it works!!! All these brushes are extremely soft, ergonomically pleasing and easy to use and not a single shed to date. Following my initial love of these I've recently purchased the stippling brush (£11.99 @ Boots), blush brush (£9.99 @ Boots), powder brush (£12.99 @ Boots) & the core collection (£21.99 @ Boots). I now feel like I have every brush I will ever need for the different purposes I might need them for.

TOP-BOTTOM: (Stippling brush & Blush brush)
TOP-BOTTOM: (Detailer brush, contour brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush-all from the Core collection and the powder brush)

Uses:

  • Stippling: Foundation/BB Cream.
  • Blush: Blusher (obviously!)
  • Buffing: Foundation/BB Cream. (I use this more than the stippling brush, for a flawless finish.)
  • Powder: All over face/finishing powder.
  • Contour: Contouring cheekbones, nose & temples.
  • Pointed foundation: Accurate powdering ie. under eyes.
  • Detailer: Detailed eye make-up.
  • Pixle-point: eyeliner.
  • Brow: Filling in brows with shadow.
  • Deluxe crease: Concealer.
  • Accent: Lip brush.
  • Base shadow: All-over eye shadow.
Over-all I am so impressed with these brushes and would recommend them to anyone. Especially great for starters in make-up as they are so easy to use. They also come with handy little stands which looks very nice on your dressing table! They wash very nicely with just a little baby shampoo. 

You can buy them here at the official Real Techniques on-line shop or they are available at Boots.

Hope this is helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment