Tuesday 18 September 2012

interior hysteria #2

This not so much an interior design post but it's a 'home' post all the same. I'm a bit of an organisation freak, when I can be bothered. But one thing that really bothers me is the house not being tidy. Being an anxious person, I just cannot settle and relax if the house is a mess or if something needs doing. So, I've made up a cleaning rota for me & Chris. It's not set in stone and I won't go crazy of its not done but I'm just sick and tired of spending a whole day once a week cleaning when we could be spending quality time together doing something cool. This way, little bits get done every day and you keep on top of cleaning. I've got two days off cleaning a week and then days when there is a room rota'd in its: dust, polish, tidy, Hoover/mop (if necessary), change bed linen, do laundry etc.

Then once a month I do all the crappy jobs that don't need doing as often ie cleaning windows, bleaching shower, getting everything off shelves an polishing etc. we both work 40 hours a week and just don't have the time to be spending one whole day a week cleaning and I do shift work so it's easy enough for me to squeeze in an hours cleaning a day on whatever room day it is!

Find my routine below!

Cornish Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment