Monday 3 September 2012

new lifestyle #2

a challenge....
As part of my new healthier lifestyle, I've found something that I think will change my life if I stick to it. I've been looking at exercise options for days when I can't get to the gym & I've found the perfect thing. As you can see from my last post i really want to 'learn' to run and enjoy it.

NHS Couch to 5k is a podcast that they've created to encourage people to get healthier and fitter. It's basically a training programme that you listen to through your mobile phone or iPod. A lady called Laura talks you through the steps; when you should power walk, when you should jog etc an takes you through step-by-step and their aim is to have you running 5k in 9 weeks-amazing! I've seen similar things in fitness magazines and online but I love the fact that it's live and almost like you got a personal trainer egging you on! Plus no need to take a watch and time yourself when your meant to run and walk as Laura does it all for you.

The music is well suited too; faster paced pieces for when you run and chilled music when your walking. It's a really healthy, safe way to start running and I can wait to start it-watch this space!

NHS Couch to 5k is FREE an available to download direct to you iPod/iPhone through iTunes. Just put the title in the search bad and download week-by-week.

Cornish Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment