Sunday 9 September 2012

nars|haul.

I've been trying out my first ever Nars products and....I like! I bought three items from the website http://www.narscosmetics.co.uk/ about 3 months ago, so have had sufficient time to give them a good go.

First off, the packaging is to die for; simple, sleek & bold.
Fist up is the Duo Concealer in Vanilla/Honey. Lovely packaging, the trade-mark double palette concealer with a handy mirror on the inside of the lid. Retailing at £23, it ain't cheap but if you want a good heavy-coverage then this may be a go-er for you. I tend to use the lighter colour for the under-eye area and the darker colour to correct any redness bought out through blemishes. I really like the consistancy and it blends well with my Real Techniques deluxe crease brush. I don't think I would repurchase this products due to the price, and although a good product, it doesn't do anything that a cheaper alternative couldn't do.
This little beauty is my favourite out of the bunch; The Multiple in Maldives. A rosy-bronze all-in-one product. Ideal for cheeks, highlight or even eye colour. I love this! A great alrounder. Again, easy to blend and gives a summery bronzed look to your face. Very pricey though at £29 a pop, but I've used this a lot and can see it going on forever.
Last up is Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Alaska. This is a bit of a love/hate product for me. For a tinted moisturiser, it's got far too much of a heavy coverage for me and I sure as hell didn't feel very radiant wearing it! It's much more like a foundation and I do find it goes a bit flakey. This could have something to do with that fact that the colour Alaska is slightly too yellowey for me, but still the colour blends out ok and looks fine, I just don't like the consistency on my skin and always go to other bb creams or tinted moisturisers before going to this one! I'm pretty gutted about this as recently I've been reaching for foundation alternatives, just wanting less coverage and less product on my face but I really wouldn't recommend this. Especially as it has a price tag of £27 (eeeeek)

Some swatch's for youuuu...
[L-R] Duo Concealer, The Multiple, Pure radiant Tinted Moisturiser.

All-in-all i'm happy with these products and they will be used but but I can't help but feel a bit let down. My expectations were very high with these products but maybe they just don't suit my skin. I'm very interested in trying out some of the eye products though. Zoe did a great review of the Nars Duo eyeshadow in Isolde on her blog-dying to try this now.

What do you think of Nars Products? Any recommendations?

Cornish Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment